PRIVATE PHOTOGRAPHY CLASS - BEGINNER to INTERMEDIATE- Digital SLR (DSLR) in San Francisco Bay Area
In my beginners to intermediate photography class, you will learn different photography techniques to capture the images that you want using your DSLR camera. In addition, you will learn more about your equipment and its capabilities. Whatever your goals are in photography, I will help you to achieve them.
My lessons are personalized to each individual depending upon their interests and level of knowledge. I prefer to work with individuals on a 1-1 basis to ensure my undivided attention. If you prefer a group class (2 or more), we can work out a group plan. Since the best way to learn photography is by taking photos, we will spend time out in the field shooting photos and applying the different techniques learned during our time together.
Possible topics we may cover - depending upon your interest(s)
- About your equipment and basics about your camera settings
- Understanding Exposure
- Relationship among aperture, shutter speed and ISO
- Different modes: Manual Mode, Aperture priority, Speed priority.
- Basics about flash
- Extra tools: Filters, reflectors, etc
- Motion photography
- Ideas about composition for landscapes, animals and people.
- Any other topic of your interest.
- Basic processing with Adobe Lightroom: I am happy to help you with Adobe Lightroom as a separate and subsequent class at a per hr rate.
Packages and rates:
- 3 hr package $250 - With the 3 hr package you will learn the basics of photography that will allow you to shoot fully manual so your photos start turning out the way you want them to. During this time, we will cover some of the main photography concepts to ensure you have a strong foundation and then we will use the remaining of the time to do some basic practice with real subjects to help bring the concepts together.
- 2 days, 2 hr per day package $300 - With the 4 hr package we meet preferably two consecutive days. The first day we go over the main concepts to help you achieve a strong foundation and learn in more detail the functionalities of your camera. The second day, we will briefly clarify questions from the previous session and cover more creative concepts. Then we will go outside and practice composition and all what we learned during these two days.
- 2hr or 3hr practice time - Rate: $100 per hr - Recommended for those who are comfortable shooting in advance modes such as Manual, Aperture Priority or those who already took a lesson with me and would like some guided practice time. We will meet at a convenient location that offers subjects of your interest. This is your mini workshop.
Notes: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Prices are per participant.
- Lessons are offered Monday through Friday either early mornings or mid afternoon. The practice portion of the lesson must start not later than 2 hours prior to sunset as we need natural light.
- As this is a private lesson, participants will need to email me to coordinate a date and time to meet. Typically early mornings or mid afternoons.
- If needed, participants may reschedule a lesson with more than 48 hr notice. Changes to the schedule with less than 48 hr notice are not possible and are non-refundable.
- Classes are held in the Outer Richmond area in San Francisco.
Purchase a lesson for you by clicking HERE
Or Purchase a gift certificate by clicking HERE
Photography classes in San Francisco, Photography lessons in San Francisco, Classes for Digital SLR, Lessons for Digital SLR.